Translator and laptop

Wondering how to maintain a good relationship with a Chinese lady? Not sure what your Chinese girl friend is thinking? The advice from experienced members will surely ease your concerns.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Jim
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Translator and laptop

Postby Jim » Mon May 21, 2012 12:57 am

can I just take a wireless laptop and use google translator for she and I to communicate?

Terrance

Re: Translator and laptop

Postby Terrance » Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 am

If your on the go, buy a Besta Translator! This will be much better than Google translations anyways! WiFi hotspots may not be around the area you are going. If you bring your laptop you can use in a hotel(if thats where you will be staying). You can try Fry's electronics, off the 405 freeway in Fountain Valley, they may carry Besta's...if not you can find them online!

Steve41

Re: Translator and laptop

Postby Steve41 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:33 am

good idea but it is clumsy. you are assuming you have wifi or cell data connection. a laptop is big and bulky. takes time to boot and then go on the web to google -assuming china govt does not block the site at will- Oh that is also assuming that your battery is not dead or low on power or you have an available power outlet with the correct converter plug. a pocket translator is just that, small and easy to use and SELF Contained. think of the pocket translator as a necessary required tool in your bag as well as your laptop. it is almost like carry a clock or a watch. both tell time but one is just package for ease of use.

but hey what do i know .... being in a crowded moving bus or subway, i could use my pocket translator with one hand and hold on to the hand rail with the other while she clings on to me. How good is that!

Return to “Ask An Experienced Member”