Parental support after marriage?

Wondering how to maintain a good relationship with a Chinese lady? Not sure what your Chinese girl friend is thinking? The advice from experienced members will surely ease your concerns.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

James
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Parental support after marriage?

Postby James » Mon May 21, 2012 12:59 am

Hi, I'm really serious about my lady and am thinking of marrying her soon. So I'm thinking ahead as to what could be expected down the road after marriage and when she come to the States. Am I expected to support her family back in China? What if she wants to sponsor her parents over? She knows that I make a decent amount of money and I can support to a certain degree but I rather pay off the house and save for kid's college funds. Appreciate any thoughts and opinion on this ... thanks!

David

Re: Parental support after marriage?

Postby David » Mon May 21, 2012 1:42 am

James,

Why on earth are you asking the forum these questions James?? The only person that could possibly answer what you've asked is your lady!!

If your thinking about marrying her, i would have thought that these and a whole heap of others things would have been at least discussed, if not sorted by now.

I suggest that you make a list of all the things that your worried/concerned about, and over the next few mails to your lady, put these items up for discussion with her. Don't make the mistake of assuming James, and you wont be disappointed...

I can't make the point more clear, Communication, Communication Communication, .... It's the most important aspect of any relationship. Never more so, than when your sole contact is presently via the Internet.

Hope everything goes well for you mate!!

David.....

James

Re: Parental support after marriage?

Postby James » Mon May 21, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks for you reply David. I think you are right. I will discuss this with her, I'm just afraid she will think I don't care for your family. But one must never assume...

Return to “Ask An Experienced Member”