What is the divorce rate with Chinese Women?

Chinese women are well-known for their beauty, grace and their fidelity to family. If you have questions about how todays Chinese ladies feel about love and romance then please ask here.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Jerry
Chnlove.com Member: Y

What is the divorce rate with Chinese Women?

Postby Jerry » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 am

I'm "new on the block" and a westerner, but since viewing these beautiful Asian women profiles, there seems to be a lot of divorces. Even more amazingly these divorces are happening to younger ladies who in many cases have kids already. I do understand that there is a desire to have kids in order to assist the parent in their old age, but jeeese -- I don't get it. Many of the profiles mention their husbands cheated. I'm from the west side of the world, and I know there are 2 sides to the stories, but I put into consideration the things I understood to be true knowledge and what actually was a "big" attraction for me to Asian women was "the devotion Chinese/Asian women had for their spouse/family. Can somebody drop some wisdom on me as I pursue these profiles, please??

Sean

Re: What is the divorce rate with Chinese Women?

Postby Sean » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am

I know some other members might correct me if I am wrong, but this is my take on the subject.

A couple will get married young. Like in the 20's. After they have a child (if it's a girl) the man will want to look else where (he really wants a son). When the lady is around 30 or more, regardless if she has a boy or girl, the man will think she is getting old and look for another 20 year old.

If the woman is in her early 30's, she has a real hard chance of getting married in China. My lady has a friend that is only 20, not married and has a baby girl. Talk about a very hard life ahead.

You are right in knowing that the woman will be devoted to the husband even if he was to cheat on her. But it is slowly changing since they have been exposed to the west. Just think about what china was like 20 years ago. I will hate to think about what it will be like in another 20. China is the last of it's kind, people and culture. They will loose a lot like Japan did.

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:08 am

Do you know what 'selection bias' is?

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:54 am

This is a marriage site. All of the happily-married women are not going to apply. What you get are the women who think they need help, and who think they are more attractive to Western guys compared to Chinese guys. That is what the 'selection bias' is, for whoever does not know the term. This sign-up process for women is biased towards selecting women who are divorced, and who can look pretty in a photograph. It is not an even sample of Chinese society. Selection bias helps explain many phenomena.

Return to “Today's Chinese Women”