How do Chinese women care for their parents in old age?

Chinese women are well-known for their beauty, grace and their fidelity to family. If you have questions about how todays Chinese ladies feel about love and romance then please ask here.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Terrance
Chnlove.com Member: Y

How do Chinese women care for their parents in old age?

Postby Terrance » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 am

Do the the parents expect their offspring to look after them on old age in China or is there a sufficient welfare system for this? Obviously if their daughter, their only offspring, is living with me here in the US then its going to be hard for us to take care of them in their old age. Just wondering if there is a state pension that they can live on or do they depend on their offspring for remittances home, or if their offspring live in China do they expect to be housed by them in their retirement years?

Sean

Re: How do Chinese women care for their parents in old age?

Postby Sean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:02 am

A lot of it depends on the wealth of the family and if the offspring needs to care for them. I started talking to different ladies since the first of this year and I have learned a lot, and still learning. From my understanding most of them do take care of the parents by sending money. It was a hard concept for me to swallow at first (see other posting from me), but the more I understood the culture, it made more sense. After all, look at all the money your parents spent on you while you was growing up.

Only down side to this is if a married couple have no children, they are going to have a hard life.

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 am

There is some pension, but do not kid yourself... you marry her, you get the family. It's just the way it is. Me? If I found the right girl the family just would not be a problem. You care for the family, you will never ever have a cold bed.

Vern

Postby Vern » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 am

From speaking to my fiance there really isn't much of a system
for retirement. Her father was an electrical engineer. He had saved a good amount for this. When she left her old husband most was lost/abused
by the ex. She asked me when she comes here if she could work and support her parents. I have no problem with it, wasn't planning on her working much.Had also asked her if parents wanted to come here. they wanted to stay in home town.It would have been hard to do,but after staying with her family for a week, I would have been willing. As one of the other gentlemen said if you help her with this,you won't regret
it. Good luck

Return to “Today's Chinese Women”