Can anyone tell us about their Chinese wives?

Chinese women are well-known for their beauty, grace and their fidelity to family. If you have questions about how todays Chinese ladies feel about love and romance then please ask here.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Ronald
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Can anyone tell us about their Chinese wives?

Postby Ronald » Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 am

Can anyone tell us about their wives after being married awhile?

William

Re: Can anyone tell us about their Chinese wives?

Postby William » Wed May 02, 2012 1:30 am

I was married last week to a lady that I had been living with for 5 months. She had no English when we meet. Now her English far surpasses the little Chinese I have learned.

Even with our limited knowledge of each others language we have never had any serious problems.

Michael

Postby Michael » Wed May 02, 2012 6:49 am

That might be OK for you William but i suggest that permanently living in China is not practical for most Western men. There's the big question of getting a job for a start.

Again OK if you're well off enough to take the chance but most men are not. From what i can gather Chinese women are quite willing to relocate to the West because of the perception of better welfare, also a stereotype that Westerners are more romantic and caring than their own men. Two of my friends married Chinese they came here and settled and are OK.

Your pay numbers surprise me even for China they must be at the bottom end of the labour market especially in big Cities. Ive seen an average figure of 45k RMB per year for Beijing.

Paul

Postby Paul » Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 am

must agree with William.
In September I will have been married for 1 year, still early days I know. We started with EMF's and then moved on to web cam's for 10 months before we final met. My wife's English was let's be generous and say basic. With patience on both sides her language skills are now pretty good and as for me, well my Chinese is "progressing"!

Like any relationship you have to work on it. Just sitting back and expecting every thing to be wonderful does not work, whether your with a western girl or a Chinese one.
I live here permanently now and teach at the local university, there are a lot of opportunities is this country and the people are friendly and on the whole helpful. I'm happy that lots of western men are not willing to move over here, the last thing I want to be is surrounded by a bunch of whiny white guy's.

Some Chinese ladies want to move to there husbands country but not all by any stretch of the imagination. What they do want is a husband who will love them, treat them with respect and not run around with other women. Give them this and you will have a wife who will fight to her last breath to defend you. Am I a happily married man? The answer would be without doubt yes, is it difficult sometimes? the answer to that would also be yes. It's a marriage between two totally different cultures, there bound to be misunderstandings but it's how you deal with them that counts. The failure rate of interracial marriages is high and you should not underestimate the problems that you will both face. It takes time and patience,but you will get more out of it than you put in that's for sure.

Return to “Today's Chinese Women”