Meeting my china girlfriend for the first time

Sharing your experiences of planning & going to China, helping others succeed in their dating trip for true love!

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Andrew
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Meeting my china girlfriend for the first time

Postby Andrew » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:09 am

I am planning on a trip to China to meet my lady for the first time, In Chinese culture on the first time of meeting, will she expect me to bring a gift?

Rob

Re: Meeting my china girlfriend for the first time

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:19 am

yes....she will expect a gift, her/your translator will also expect a gift.....don't bring her something.....that you can find in China....give her something unique from your country.
If you visit her family......take them gifts......it is expected and shows good face from you. ....and your family when when you get back home....they will also expect some sort of gift/souviner from China.

Bobby

Postby Bobby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:20 am

i do not know for sure about culture on bringing gifts to ladys, why would'nt u want too....... i just returned from 3 week trip to China,, yes i took my lady a gift, and she met me at airport with flowers and a gift for me, we did not talk about gifts before i went, it just way things happen when 2 people love each other.By the way my lady rode a bus 6 hours just to meet me at airport, so i would not have to ride bus 6 hours to her city alone... these ladys are the best women on earth,, have fun,, hope u the best on your trip BOBBY

Robert

Postby Robert » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 am

Hi guys, I'm going to Qingdao next month and this week I went out and bought my ladies parents presents. Her mum I got a hat, scarf and glove set, also a purse (which I will put some Yuan in nearer the time), her dad I got a bottle of Napoleon Brandy and a wallet (same as above, the interprator I got a photo frame for her boyfriends picture for work. The rest of the family, we had decided to go shopping there for them).

We had discussed me bringing presents there, but she replied that it would be cheaper over there!!

Return to “Trip to China”