How to get your Chinese lady to Australia?

Getting a visa to China or obtaining one for your Chinese bride to go to your home? Find help here.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

anthony
Chnlove.com Member: Y

How to get your Chinese lady to Australia?

Postby anthony » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 am

Hello all. Wondering if anyone from Australia has taken the plunge here and what were your experiences with getting your lady to Australia? What is the best /least stressful way to go about it,Fiance visa or get married in China and get the spouse visa? I am planning to visit the lady I am corresponding with. Thanks

John

Re: How to get your Chinese lady to Australia?

Postby John » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Anthony, I am in the same boat. I am going over in Nov 08. At present we are talking which is the best option. I am taking my Decree Nisi and a certificate which tells that I am in fact single and there is no record of me being married since the divorce. I cannot get advice which is the best option, marry in China and get a spouse visa or a Fiancee visa and marry in Australia. Looks like not many Australians use this website. All from US or Canada and a few from UK. So any other Aussies who can help us, please do. John in Perth

anthony

Postby anthony » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 am

Hi john thanks for your reply .I rang immigration and they said they all take about the same time to process as long as you both meet all of the requirements ,But the bloke on the phone did say that you save around
$600.00 on the fee if you apply while the lady is out of Aus.he said to go to the website and download booklet 1 as it has all the info in it.I will post here if I find any more info.

Bill

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 am

Good day to you both, well my name is bill and i have just come back from china, and i also are trying to get my lady over to Australia, we went to the Australian embascy, wish was good, but my lady tells me the travel agency wants a deposit, now i called the australian immigration and they tell me there is no need for a depsoit, so watch out boys

Return to “Visa and Immigration”