What if my Chinese lady has been married before?

Got questions about the Chinese Wedding ceremony or getting engaged? Have a story to tell about a memorable Chinese wedding you attended? Here's the place for you.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

glenn
Chnlove.com Member: Y

What if my Chinese lady has been married before?

Postby glenn » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:38 am

Hi guys i was just wondering what is the situation if the lady is divorced,do we still have to do follow the same rules as if she was marrying for the first time, your help would be handy

Maxx

Re: What if my Chinese lady has been married before?

Postby Maxx » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 am

Hi Glenn If you could give me some more information bout your lady I might be able to help.Does your lady have Children? If she does how old are the children? Are her parents still a live.Where in China does your lady live?

Your lady probably will want to have at least a party in China.Where she can show you off to all her relitives.It shows respect to the family and to her if you have a party in China.You don't have to get married in China.But at least have a party.

The bride price.Or money for the family.What ever you want to call it.It is hard to Answer with out knowing what part of China she is from or if her parents are still alive.If your lady is from the north of China.Shanghi or Beijing.And your lady parent have passed then I would think no you do not need to worry bout the bride price.But you should at least offer some money or gifts.Again always showing respect to your lady and her family.

If your lady is from the south of China or central China then the answer is yes you need to pay the bride price.Again if her parents are a live.If her parents have passed then the answer is no.

Glenn in both scenerios your best bet is to offer some money to her parents or buy them some gifts.Remember Family face and friends.Are the most important things to a Chinese women.

Glenn Talk to your lady see what she wants to do.Do not bring up the subject of money with your lady.If you need to bring up the subject of money let her think of it.Talking money with A Chinese women is the quickest ways I know to kill a relationship with a Chinese women.

Let me know the answers to my questions and I could help you more.

glenn

Postby glenn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Maxx sorry taken so long to get back to you, as for the extra information, her parents are alive and live in Hunan Province, they are both retired, she has a 6 year old son who spends most of the time with his father.I also have no idea what sought of gift or money for that matter is right,I dont want to embarrass myself or her family so any help would be appreciated, thanks for your help

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Glenn thinks for the information.The more information I have the easer it is for me to answer the question.

Glenn you need to offer your ladies mom and dad.Around 500.00 dollers you will probably recieve all the money back in one way or the other.Or your ladies parents won't take the money.The only thing the money is for is to show the mom and dad face.And to show your lady face.It is to show the other family members what a good man there daughter choose.

Return to “Wedding in China”