What is a traditional Chinese lady?

Have more knowledge of Chinese culture and tradition, you will find it interesting and helpful for the smooth communication with your Chinese lady!

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Gary
Chnlove.com Member: Y

What is a traditional Chinese lady?

Postby Gary » Mon May 07, 2012 12:35 am

I see many women post in their profiles that they are "Traditional" Chinese ladies or women. Can someone explain what this means?

John

Re: What is a traditional Chinese lady?

Postby John » Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Gary, When a lady posts her description as a traditional lady she is telling you that she holds onto the values that her family has taught her. She is saying she is loyal to her family,ie parents, husband and children and she will perform her duties as a wife and mother. She is respectful to her family and honors them, she is attentive to love and looking after her family is her first priority. Chinese ladies are the most faithful, honest, loyal and loving women you will ever meet.Hope this answeres your question

David

Postby David » Mon May 07, 2012 4:00 am

Yes, and with such a rare beauty (such as the rare beauty found in the likeness of a traditional Chinese woman) comes a much greater responsibility as her husband. I live in America, where marriage is like fast food. We go through spouses and look for new ones at an incredible rate. In America, I think we have lost the deep values and family morals which can be found in the traditional Chinese way of life. Marriage is everything but a game we play with others and ourselves. It is a serious dedication from the beginning. Vows are vows, and if you are a man of your word, and a respectable man, then you must live up to those vows. In traditional China, if you break your word you break yourself, and are seen as disgraceful. Also, a marriage is only as healthy as you are. In traditional China, its all about health. If you live a unhealthy lifestyle, good luck making a marriage work, or any other relationship for that matter, especially with a traditional Chinese woman. There is much more expected from a man in Chinese tradition than in America, where tradition is very slowly fading into the distance. The traditional Chinese still hold fast to the morals, disciplines, and ethics of their benevolent past very dearly. They have a very high sense of honor, respect and integrity, and when any of these are broken by an individual, it is seen as a disgrace, and looked down upon, many times with pity for the one disgracing themselves, not to mention their family.

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 am

I have been writing to two self-described traditional ladies in their 40's. I agree with the other descriptions. They both say they want to be good wives and lovers, in that combination. One has told me she understands American women are more "open" but that is not her traditional way. I would guess that means they do not have sex without marriage or engagement. Both ladies told me that they recently traveled a distance to mourn their deceased parents on Tomb Sweeping day.

Return to “Chinese Culture & tradition”