Which language is best to learn?

Have more knowledge of Chinese culture and tradition, you will find it interesting and helpful for the smooth communication with your Chinese lady!

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Adam
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Which language is best to learn?

Postby Adam » Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 am

So, I know that there is a big difference between chinese, and mandarin, and other dialects... I work with some Chinese ladies from various countries, and they all seem to speak a different language. Each one tells me that their particular dialect would be best to learn. :p I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on this? Overall, which would be best to try and learn first? Which is most common?

Michael

Re: Which language is best to learn?

Postby Michael » Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 am

It's a great question but one that I think is easily answered. Spend some time on this site for a while and you will fall for many beautiful ladies. If and when you find your match, ask her which language she speaks. That, my friend, should be your answer.
I purchased the Simon & Shuster Vol. 1-3. it has 30 half-hour lessons in each volume. 90 lessons total. I spend an average of about 3-4 days per lesson (once per day). I'm on lesson 27 of volume 1 and my wife tells me "Ni Putonghua shuo de hen hao" (Your Mandarin is very good)

Terrance

Re: Which language is best to learn?

Postby Terrance » Wed May 23, 2012 7:16 am

Mandarin is the officail dialect of the PRC but you should learn what ever your ladies' dialect is. Most likely even if her home dialect is cantonese she still speaks Mandarin.

Return to “Chinese Culture & tradition”