The tables have turned?

If you're new to Chnlove, or unsure if your question has been asked a bunch of times already, then this is the place for you.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Jason
Chnlove.com Member: Y

The tables have turned?

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:36 am

correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that Chinese women would offer the men money for love. Even if it was true love, it always seemed that way. What is the difference between spending thousands when you can make friends with your neighbor and go spend time with his family in china. Surely you can find somebody, just as beautiful on a mutual basis. I personally believe that a good relationship is best through good work ethics. And I don't understand why anything less is o.k. How to compute that?

Mike
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Re: The tables have turned?

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:08 am

Brother, I think you are wrong. In Chinese custom, it is the man side who provide dowry to woman side.

If you want the woman to pay you, go and marry an Indian girl instead. Indian custom is different in that the girl side pays the man dowry. The amount will depend on what is the man's professional. The higher your status, the more dowry you can demand. Anyway, this custom is also dying slowly in Indian main cities but still practise in villages and backward counties.

Return to “Newbie's Talk”