Why would a Chinese girl marry foreigner?

Whether you are still looking for a special Chinese women or you have found the one you love, we welcome you to share your Chinese dating tips for successful relationships.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Chris
Chnlove.com Member: Y

Why would a Chinese girl marry foreigner?

Postby Chris » Wed May 02, 2012 12:28 am

I'm just curious. Considering that there are an excess of men in China and this gives a girl an abundance of choices within her own culture, why would she choose to marry outside of her country and culture? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me as I'm pretty certain that her family would prefer their daughter marry a chinese man. Does anyone have a good answer to this?

Gauis

Re: Why would a Chinese girl marry foreigner?

Postby Gauis » Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 am

Being a divorced female has a very negative stigma in China but not to Western men. Divorced with a child from a former marriage is even less desirable to most Chinese men. Many Chinese ladies also believe Western men are more thoughtful, considerate, appreciative and romantic than Chinese men.

Ted

Postby Ted » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 am

chris,
having been to china 2 times and observed the goings on i would say it is the lack of respect they get from chinese men. and i dont want to catergorize all but it is pretty common there. and many of the men keep young girls 20 or 25 as girlfreinds when the lady is older like 45 i have seen and been told that by many chinese people when i was there. seems like some men just dont appreciate what they have and look for younger women instead of being with just their wife. different culture i guess or belief on this topic. the ladies just want a man who only wants 1 woman in there life and when they find and love that man the man is the luckiest man on earth. so give it a chance you will be pleasantly surprised when you find your lady.

David

Postby David » Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 am

Women in China also have a hard time finding a suitable husband once they are over the age of 30

Return to “Chinese Dating Tips”