When is the right time to ask her to be my girlfriend?

Whether you are still looking for a special Chinese women or you have found the one you love, we welcome you to share your Chinese dating tips for successful relationships.

Moderators: Steve, Max, marko

Gary
Chnlove.com Member: Y

When is the right time to ask her to be my girlfriend?

Postby Gary » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 am

Hi all, I have been talking with my lady for about a month now and things seem to be going very well. We have talked to each other in a way that I feel is more than platonic. I'm thinking about asking her to be my girlfriend. Is this too soon? I don't want to scare her away. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

Joshua

Re: When is the right time to ask her to be my girlfriend?

Postby Joshua » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:04 am

Only way to truly find out for sure is to ask. If she doesn't feel the same and does in fact get scared away, then she's obviously not the right chicka for you. Then again, I'm a chnlove.com noobie...what do I know? haha. Good luck!

James

Re: When is the right time to ask her to be my girlfriend?

Postby James » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 am

A month can be too long or not long enough depending on how much you two have exchanged.

By girlfriend I take it you mean you want to go steady or be exclusive to each other. Probably a bit early fr someone you have never met. Rather than commiting yourself that way why not try something else?

In a roundabout way, what you are really suggesting to her is the same as asking that you write to each other exclusively. Assuming your communications with her are already going well, why not try asking her if she is writing to everyone else?

She may already have made that decision. :c)

If you both feel the same way then the situation would be the same except you both know you are seriously interested in pursuing and developing a relationship, without the childish boyfriend-girlfriend complication.

Commitment without a meeting after just a month is fraught with possible disappointment and heartache. Not everything is at it seems and while many have ended up happily married, others have hade rude awakenings when they finally met their ladies.

Return to “Chinese Dating Tips”